Below is the information on the New Taylor Made R15 Driver, Fairway and Rescue from the Taylor Made Japan Website (images from Taylor Made Japan website):
There will be 2 sizes: 460 and 430 models:
This is the 460 model. Notice the new front track system. Higher trajectory, low spin is the key to the concept just like the SLDR driver.
It is hard to see the difference in the size in an image but above is the 430 model. Both models are white drivers.
The main features of the new Taylor Made R15 are the:
- New Front Track System
- Inverted cone technology (which is one of the face technology developed a while ago and is very effective)
- +/- 2deg loft adjustment
As you can see in the image above, the Front Track Technology can be adjusted to 4 extreme settings (and everything in between):
- Max Fade: Both weights on the toe side
- Standard: Both weights in the middle
- Stability: Maximum perimeter weighting for forgiveness
- Max Draw : Both weights on the heel side to move CG closer to heel to help head turnover.
The above diagram shows you the features and technology used in the driver
- Ultra thin crown to help move weight lower. The thickness of the crown is 0.4mm
- Front Track System is the 2 movable weights at the bottom. Now closer to face compared to the SLDR
- Inverted Cone Technology of the face. So that you don't lose ball speed on hits missing the sweet spot.
- Improved Low Forward CG: Higher trajectory, lower spin for more distance
- Sliding Split weight. The movable weights at the bottom are 12.5 grams each
Taylor Made Japan also shows the new R15 Fairway Wood.
Unlike the R15 Drivers, it features a single front track weight which is 22 grams.
But it does allow 2 deg loft adjustability with the shaft sleeve.
The R15 family also features the Rescue.
It does not have the front track system but has the Speed Pocket.
Compact shaped inspired by the feedback from tour players.
The adjustment on the sleeve is +/- 1.5deg.
Headcover looks simple and has the racing look to it.
Japan features the above 5 shafts on the drivers but I am sure Taylor Made US will offer various more options.